Code of Conduct
All AMOL members agree to abide by the following code of conduct, as a condition of membership.
AMOL members recognise the need to:
- Provide a professional service.
- Keep themselves informed, educated and up to date with current law and procedure.
- Share information with other AMOL members.
- Ensure that the client is fully aware of, and fully and professionally advised, on all costs issues, including public funding, where available.
- Act within the confines of the law at all times when offering advice, particularly with regard to technical defences.
AMOL members agree to act in accordance with the following:
- AMOL members will act in the best interests of the client.
- AMOL members will provide the client with independent advice.
- AMOL members shall at all times behave and act in a manner which will uphold the standing and good reputation of motor offence defence lawyers and AMOL.
- No AMOL member shall defend a case based on information that could result in a prosecution against the defendant for perjury or perverting the course of justice.
- No AMOL member shall make excessive or unnecessary monetary charges to the client.
- No AMOL member shall personally or through an agent make representations of experience or specialist skills which they do not possess.
- No AMOL member shall knowingly make any statement, whether in publicity material to a prospective client, an existing client, or otherwise which may give the client false expectations.
- No AMOL member shall undertake false, deceptive or misleading advertising.